CrossFit TTG – CrossFit
:30 Row, moderate-aggressive pace
12 Ground to Overhead w/ 25lb Plate
9 Gymnastic Kips
6 Push Ups w/ Twist
3 Strict Pull Ups (Use band or scale to Ring Rows)
A: Hang Snatch (Complex: See notes)
AMRAP 15 Minutes
1 Snatch from the floor + 1 Hang Snatch from below the knee + 1 Hang Snatch from above the knee
Rest as needed (1-2 minutes)
Rest: As needed
Coach Focus: The Hang snatch above the knee is the movement that will most likely dictate the weight an athlete can use for the whole complex which is intentional. During the positional work coaches should ensure the basic points of performance are met:
– Proper set up
– Efficient Bar Path with the bar making contact with the thighs in the power position
– Triple extension
– Active pull under while moving the feet
– Proper squatting mechanics upon standing.
Additional Notes/Resources: The above the knee hang snatch is there AFTER the
below the knee hang snatch as a way to temper expectations on how heavy the
barbell should get. Athletes may add weight as they go if things look and feel good.
A: Metcon (AMRAP – Reps)
AMRAP 7 Minutes
40/30 Calorie Row
30 Front Squats 95/65lbs
20 Clean and Jerks 95/65lbs
Max Rep Ring Muscle Ups in remaining time
Score is total repetitions completed across entire
Target Score: Get to the Muscle Ups
Firebreather Score: 15/12+ Muscle Ups
– Row: Should take 1:30 (on the fast end) to no more than 2:30 to complete. Stagger start heats to allow multiple athletes the ability to use the rower.
– Front Squat: 1-3 sets, ideally 1 or 2.
– Clean and Jerk: 1-3 sets. Should be light enough to perform large sets of touch and go reps – singles at this weight shouldn’t be a strategy.
– MUs: Scale to Bar muscle ups, or Chest to Bar/Chin Over Bar Pull Ups
SCOR: Metcon (Time)
4 Rounds (20 M cap)
400 M run
10 DB Thruster
8 Sit ups
Scale Run to 200M if taking over 2:00
or a 1200M Bike